Come and work with us
Position: Client Services Manager (Permanent, Full-time)
About the business
Fairhaven is a community leader in the provision of services for people living with disability. We offer opportunities in retail for supported employment and volunteering, return to work programs, Centrelink obligation and those wishing to give back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
About the role
The Client Services Manager is a member of Fairhaven’s leadership team and is responsible to manage the operational functions of the community services business unit ensuring an efficient and effective service is maintained and improved. The position is also responsible to play a key role in the development of infrastructure supporting Government funded compliance requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience managing people
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic management of business unit working with subject matter experts
- Excellent communication skills that have successfully driven individual and team engagement and performance
- Networking and marketing skills to promote services
- Sound understanding of person centred disability services
- High level knowledge and understanding of the policy, procedures and standards relating to the provision of disability services
- Demonstrated experience in establishing teams and processes utilising effective change management principles
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social science, human services, behavioural science or similar discipline
- Ability to manage competing demands, solve problems and make appropriate decisions in relation to the dimensions of the position.
- Ability to lead and inspire a high performing team environment that fosters innovation, creativity and individual empowerment.
- Self-motivated, energetic and flexible with a high degree of initiative.
“Are you interested in a role that gives back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way?
We are a progressive organisation looking for self-motivated, energetic and flexible people with a high level of initiative. We value teamwork and collaboration. If this sounds like you and Fairhaven sounds like a place in which you’d like to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.
Applications close Monday 27th January, 2020.