Come and work with us
Position: Transition to Work and SLES Program Coordinator –
About the business
Fairhaven is a community leader in the provision of services for people living with disability. We offer opportunities in retail for supported employment and volunteering, return to work programs, Centrelink obligation and those wishing to give back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
About the role
This role is primarily to facilitate the day to day operation of the SLES program and the Transition to Work process for our participants. This will include the coordination of individual support plans and assisting young school leavers living with a disability to transition from school to employment, through career guidance and planning, education and training, work experience coordination and training.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience supporting and working with people living with a disability in a transition to work program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment placement, job development, job analysis and training requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications or Certificate IV or higher in disability, community, employment services, training and assessment or related field.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Sound Administration skills
- Current NSW Driver’s license and use of insured vehicle.
- Current First aid and CPR certificate
- A current Federal Police check
- Ability to manage competing demands, solve problems and make appropriate decisions in relation to the dimensions of the position.
- Meets internal and external consumer needs in a timely, courteous and respectful manner
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to design and implement individual training programs for participants to meet their work goals.
- Ability to liaise with a variety of employers and negotiate work trials which meet the individual support needs and goals of the participant.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute to a high performing team environment that fosters social inclusion, innovation, creativity and individual empowerment.
- Self-motivated, energetic and flexible with a high degree of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Solution-focused style and results driven approach
- Excellent organisational and self-motivational skills
- Excellent knowledge of the NDIS standards and current best practice industry standards
- Coaching and skill development for people living with disabilities
- Co-ordination, planning and organizing
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Conflict management skills
“Are you interested in a role that gives back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way?
We are a progressive organisation looking for self-motivated, energetic and flexible people with a high level of initiative. We value teamwork and collaboration. If this sounds like you and Fairhaven sounds like a place in which you’d like to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.