Come and work with us
Position: Truck Driver – (Casual)
Applications close September 3, 2019.
About the business
Fairhaven is a community leader in the provision of services for people living with disability. We offer opportunities in retail for supported employment and volunteering, return to work programs, Centrelink obligation and those wishing to give back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
About the role
The retail departments of Fairhaven Shopping Village contribute to raising funds via the sale of donated goods. The purpose of this role is to deliver sold furniture, pick up furniture donations and occasionally other donated items and take excess rubbish to the tip. The position works closely with retail staff and volunteers. The work is directed and supported by the Retail Coordinator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Be able to drive a manual
- Have some experience driving larger vehicles (Truck licence not required)
- Good customer service experience and skills
- Physically fit
- Good knowledge of Central Coast area
- Experience working with people who present with a range of intellectual, cognitive and physical disabilities
- Knowledge of current trends in op-shop/second hand and antique retail fields
- Good understanding of WHS requirements
- Ability to manage competing demands, solve problems and make appropriate decisions in relation to the dimensions of the position.
- Trustworthy and honest
- Self-motivated, energetic and flexible with a high degree of initiative.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a diverse range of people with a person-centred approach to all aspects of service provision
- Ability to contribute to a team environment that fosters social inclusion, innovation, creativity and individual empowerment
Key Responsibility Areas
- Work in an efficient and timely manner within the allotted time frame to complete set tasks
- Greet and attend to customer needs in a professional and helpful way
- Contribute to a cohesive, productive and diverse team
- Handle all items being delivered or picked up as donations with due care
- Notify Retail Coordinator as soon as possible of any maintenance or operational issues that may arise with equipment or vehicles
Work Health and Safety (WHS)
- Comply with the Work Health Safety Act 2011, the Work Health Safety Regulation 2011 and any Codes of Practice
- Take all reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others
- Participate in rehabilitation programs as required
- Contribute to the identification, recording and supervision of incidents, accidents and hazards in accordance with established policies and procedures
“Are you interested in a role that gives back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way?
We are a progressive organisation looking for self-motivated, energetic and flexible people with a high level of initiative. We value teamwork and collaboration. If this sounds like you and Fairhaven sounds like a place in which you’d like to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.