Come and work with us
Position: Residential Support Workers – (Casual Day/Evening) and (Casual Awake shifts)
About the business and the role
Fairhaven is a community leader in the provision of services for people living with disability. We offer community participation, day programs, employment opportunities, accommodation and living support. Our Support Workers actively engage with clients to support independence, build individual capacity and empower them to lead enriched and meaningful lives. The people who join our team actively respect the rights of people living with disability and value their contribution to the workplace and the community.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The primary role of a Residential Support Worker is to deliver person centred supports to NDIS Participants living in our residences in the Gosford area.
Skills and experience
To be successful in the role you will need:
- A Certificate Ⅲ in disability suppport and/or a minimum of five years relevant experience working with clients living in supported accommodation and/or living independently in the community
- Skills in planning and implementing programs with a person centred perspective.
- Understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Competence and confidence using IT, and well developed report writing skills
- Current driver’s Licence and ‘Provide First Aid Certifiicate’ are essential.
You will be willing to work flexible hours and participate in ongoing staff training and development. We are looking for team members with a focus on person centred service who support a culture of excellence among staff, residents and their families.
We are a progressive organisation looking for self-motivated, energetic and flexible people with a high level of initiative. We value teamwork and collaboration.
“Are you interested in a role that gives back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way?” if this sounds like you and Fairhaven sounds like a place in which you’d like to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.
Applications Close: Friday 20th July 2018
Apply via the Seek website here.